The purpose and objectives of this organization shall be:
In accomplishing the Association's purpose and objectives, there shall be no discrimination due to race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or sexual orientation.
Our chapter's policies and practices promote accountability and the highest levels of performance, without ignoring the reality that all individuals have both strengths and limitations. Our volunteers promise to deliver quality services to our members and friends with respect and professionalism, and any barrier to that goal is not allowable.
Conflict of interest arises whenever the personal or professional interest of a Board Member is potentially at odds with the best interests of HRA-NCA. Although the legal standards for avoiding conflict of interest for nonprofit organizations are fairly limited, HRA-NCA will avoid where possible even the appearance of impropriety.
Individuals and businesses qualified to provide goods and services to HRA-NCA are limited, and therefore situations may arise where Board Members are commercially engaged by HRA-NCA, or hired by HRA-NCA to provide various products and/or services. Because these situations all involve potential conflict of interest, the following procedures apply. If an issue is to be decided by the Board that involves potential conflict of interest for a Board Member, it is the responsibility of the Board Member to:
It is the responsibility of the Board to:
Although it is not a conflict of interest to reimburse Board Members for expenses incurred (such as the purchase of supplies), Board Members are prohibited by law from being paid for serving on the Board. Generally, Board Members will not receive pass-through dollars for individual projects.
The Chapter collects and maintains membership information as part of servicing the membership. We restrict access to confidential personal information about members to our affiliate, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and to chapter officers with a business reason to know certain information in order to provide our services to our members.
The Chapter does not share any other member information, including email addresses, phone numbers, or our event registration details. Independent contractors and outside companies who perform work for us are required to adhere to strict privacy standards through their contracts with us.
The Chapter may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide information on individual members to the appropriate governmental authorities. In matters involving a danger to personal or public safety, the Chapter may voluntarily provide information to appropriate governmental authorities.
The Chapter is in compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
Transmitting your credit card information when you make a purchase is safe and meets the highest E-commerce standards. After any credit card transaction is approved and completed, the site deletes your data. After a transaction, your credit card data is NOT stored in our system (except for the last four digits of your card number, which is for your reference). You can apply for membership, renew membership, and/or register for events and programs with confidence that your credit card information is secure.
PAYMENTS: All payments are due in advance of events or other services provided. We do not hold accounts open, nor permit our guests to attend events without having received appropriate payment.
EVENTS: HRA-NCA cannot honor any request for a refund that is received less than one week prior to the scheduled event. This policy protects HRA-NCA from losses incurred after we have given our caterer and venue host a final count and paid for your seat. We will permit substitutions if requested before 24 hours prior to the event. A processing fee will be deducted from all refunds.
MEMBER DUES: All payments for membership dues are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
HRA-NCA Tax Identification Number: 52-141-0623
DUNS Number: 96-100-9321
We do NOT participate in Wire transactions. We accept Visa, MC, Amex or corporate checks for our services.
Legal Name of Business: Human Resource Association of the National Capital Area, dba HRA-NCA, aka DC SHRM
Established: in 1945 as a Non-Profit Association providing professional services and education
1. HRA-NCA values the conversations and contributions that arise from social media use. Volunteers use good judgment, making sure their profile settings on chapter related material and content are consistent with how our organization wishes to represent itself professionally.
2. Volunteers are personally responsible for any content published on the Chapter sites. They represent the HRA-NCA brand attributes: connect, support, and grow.
3. HRA-NCA volunteers are encouraged to share content posted by the Chapter Office on the HRA-NCA website and other media outlets.
4. All volunteers thoughtfully consider whether their posts could be interpreted as representing the Chapter's position, and do not post content that may pose a branding conflict.
5. We do not publish or publicly discuss HRA-NCA confidential information. This includes unauthorized release of images, photos, video, or other content.
6. Material referencing someone else will include a link back to the source, wherever possible.
7. We avoid publishing anything disrespectful, damaging, or potentially embarrassing to an individual or organization.
8. While our chapter encourages open discussions and differing opinions, we strive to show consideration for other's opinions and privacy and refrain from engaging in topics that may be considered objectionable, obscene, or inflammatory.
9. HRA-NCA monitors its sites regularly to ensure disclosure and truthfulness. We attempt to correct all misstatements and misrepresentations.
10. Volunteers get permission to use any HRA-NCA or SHRM logo.
11. We respect copyright and fair use laws.
12. HRA-NCA may remove, or request the removal of, any posts/publications in conflict with this policy.