Position Title: Human Resources Assistant/ Payroll Coordinator
Reports to: VP, Finance and Admin and HR Director
Category: Non Exempt
Location: Administrative Office
Developed by: Human Resources Director
Friendship Place is nonprofit organization, serving the Washington, DC region, empowering individuals and families experiencing or at risk of homelessness to rebuild their lives with the involvement of the community. Friendship Place offers the most effective model for addressing homelessness, with innovative, customized programs that have positive, demonstrable results and a lasting impact on the community and beyond. Our programs are person-centric and individualized to meet the needs and goals of individuals, families, youth/young adults and Veterans experiencing homelessness. We provide outreach, hospitality, health care, case management, housing, job placement services, and advocacy. We have established a national presence and are known for sharing best practices in the field.
Summary: The Human Resources Assistant/Payroll Coordinator supports human resources and administration by conducting orientation and on boarding; maintaining records and information; managing time keeping and processing payroll (up to 120 staff). This position is the point of contact for employees timekeeping, payroll questions and administrative HR functions; internally and externally. This position works in collaboration with the Director of Finance and Administration and Accountant.
• Data entry, management and integrity (timekeeping, HRIS, payroll, hard files, excel)
• Processing and troubleshooting payroll and timekeeping
• Provide administrative and logistical support in the planning and introduction of new HR programs and initiatives.
• Maintains all required Federal and State employment posters.
• Conducts on-boarding and benefit enrollment and troubleshooting
• Responds to all external information requests (unemployment, EEO, federal and district reporting, references, employment inquires, requests for salary)
• Conducts and tracks all HR components of contracts including, background checks
• Conducts HR, timekeeping and payroll internal audits, before and after payroll runs and as needed
• Responds and processes internal information and change of information requests
• Reviews benefit invoices for accuracy
• Creates HR and payroll reports
• Prepares and plans for all HR related meetings and trainings
• All other duties assigned
• Detailed oriented
• At least 2 years of HR and Payroll related experience.
• Minimum of 1 Year of experience with an HRIS
• A high-level of confidentiality required matched with a deep respect for and commitment to protecting sensitive information.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Ability to prioritize
• Demonstrates strong customer service and follow up skills
• Understands payroll and HR related laws, regulation and best practices
• Demonstrates strong computer skills
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses, alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Experience with implementations are a plus
• Application Deadline: This job is open until filled, or the hiring manager determines that they can no longer accept applications.
• Start Date: Late September- Early October
• Compensation: Competitive, based on experience
• Benefits: We offer an excellent benefits package including low cost health insurance, employer paid dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 403B matching, 15 days of vacation during 1st year of employment, sick leave, and much more!
• Location: 3655 Calvert St, NW Washington, DC 20007
• Interview Process: Phone screening, two in person interviews
• How to Apply: Qualified candidates may apply by sending a cover letter stating how you can make an impact and resume to email@example.com with the Subject Line: HR/Payroll
• Website: www.friendshipplace.org