Position Title: Human Resources Associate
Job Type: Full-Time
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Human Resources this position provides administrative and office support activities for multiple departments. In addition to data entry, filing and scheduling, duties may include fielding telephone calls, coordination of meetings and conferences, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures. Extensive software skills, internet research abilities and strong communication skills are required. This position will require a significant amount of independent judgement and time management skills. The Human Resources Assistant also oversees the day to day maintenance of and is responsible for the data integrity of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality on business operations and personnel matters
- Oversee the daily, weekly and monthly benefit processing. Conduct monthly benefit provider invoice reconciliations against employee elections/deductions in the Payroll.
- Lead and ensure timely and thorough processing of all benefit enrollments, terminations, changes, beneficiary changes, disability claims, rollovers, distributions, loans, hardships, and compliance testing (as needed).
- Lead and maintain a strong working relationship with third party benefits consultants, brokers, administrators, etc.
- Lead and ensure successful annual open enrollment process to include working with brokers on renewals, plan design and premium sharing plans, planning and communicating sessions and designing collateral benefit open enrollment and summary plan description documents.
- Responsible for all Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) related reporting, filings and communications. Will work closely with Measure’s third party administrators, vendors and internal departments to ensure ACA compliance.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefit files and updating of employee payroll records as appropriate.
- Educate and inform potential candidates, new hires (conduct new hire benefits orientation) and current employees about Measure’s benefits offerings.
- Administer and oversee Measure’s leave programs including FMLA and the coordination with PTO, disability, worker’s compensation and Payroll.
- Prepare and disseminate required communications and notifications to Measure staff.
- Handle and respond to staff benefit inquiries to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Work with the Director, HR to translate long-term benefits objectives into short-term actionable annual goals.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for administrative projects which may include: creating, planning and coordinating multiple visual presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, and creating brochures
- Assist in onboarding processes by tracking new hire activity, sending out request for documentation, entering personnel data into payroll and benefits systems, filing in personnel files and sending all onboarding correspondence
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports and coordinates division of workload with HR personnel
Required skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 3-5 years of Human Resources Administration experience with a specialization in benefits administration and HRIS systems
- At least 3 years proven administrative or executive assistant experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to organize and clearly communicate thoughts and ideas
- A “can-do” attitude and willingness to commit to the success of a team
- Highly proficient in MS Office, ADP WorkForce Now, and SharePoint
- Experience with and knowledge of all relevant federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, COBRA and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: ADP Workforce Now experience required.
Supervisor: Director of Human Resources
Location: 623 H Street NW 3rd Floor; Washington, DC 20001
Essential hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm