Impact Justice is an innovation and research center, tapping into bold, original ideas to reduce incarceration and shining a spotlight on existing efforts that need to be embraced. Impact Justice is committed to fostering a more humane, responsive, and restorative system of justice in our nation. Our bedrock belief is that to build a better justice system, we must first imagine a better system.
Under supervision of the Director of People and Culture, the human resource generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: benefits management, HR administration, employee relations, training, and payroll functions. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to organizational needs, employee goodwill and the program area needs.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. Serves as liaison with benefits vendors. Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process.Maintains and distributes list of new and cancelled employees under each benefit plan. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment.
- In collaboration with the Operations and Finance team, oversees the Impact Justice employee on-boarding process.
- Responds to Employer of Record requests.
- Maintains employee personnel files, ensuring required employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies. Including I-9 forms.
- May assist with recruitment tasks as needed (Posting).
- Aids with tracking and reporting of vacation, sick, and holiday use to payroll and scheduling. Maintains and distributes reporting of same.
- Maintains, updates and distributes employee lists: Birthdays, anniversaries, org charts, diversity reporting etc.
- Helps with employee performance evaluation process, working with Director of People and Culture and program managers to ensure they are done in a timely manner.
- Updates in collaboration with Finance/Payroll manager eligible salary adjustments/increases based on promotions, annual organization success increases and other changes.
- Maintains and monitors workers’ compensation case files.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs
- EEOC tracking and compliance
- Other shared HR administrative duties as needed.
- Human Resources subject matter expertise.
- Business Acumen including project management skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive/confidential information appropriately.
- Written and Verbal Communication including reporting and presentation skills
- Critical Process Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness with a dedication to diversity and inclusion.
- Employee Relationship Management.
- Must have strong MS Office and Google Docs proficiency
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent years of experience.
- 2+ years experience in the administration of benefits and other human resource programs.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or other HR certifications welcome.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, criminal history, disability or genetics. We strongly encourage people of color, individuals who identify as part of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer communities, and individuals with experience in the criminal justice system to apply.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.