EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. This emphasis on rights directly underpins EngenderHealth’s values and principles: choice, quality, and excellence. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
Provides a wide range of human resource support and services, including talent acquisition, recruitment, performance management, oversight of compensation policies, practices and administration, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, AA/EEO compliance, and employee relations and retention.
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Two years of experience in Human Resources.
- Experience with recruitment, compensation and employee relations.
- Fluency in English, which includes the use of accurate grammar.
- Experience working in an autonomous position with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate examples of confidentiality methods.
- Experience interpreting and counseling staff on medical insurance and 401(k).
- Facilitate new hire orientation and exit interviews.
- Understand of HR filing systems and record retention requirements.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local law as related to Human Resources.
- Knowledge of HR management information systems (HRMS/HRIS):
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to post jobs, source candidates, system communication, and system design (e.g. Oracle TALEO);
- HR database information management to create and maintain employee demographic, benefit, job and salary history, as well as designing ad hoc queries and generating canned system reports (e.g. Sage Abra); and
- Time tracking to allocate eligible benefits, such as paid time off and overtime (e.g. Dovico).
- Payroll system experience preparing payroll and statutory deductions (e.g. ADP).
- Ability to coordinate and administer meetings using digital communication platforms applications such as GotoMeeting and Skype.
- Experience using business email system managing more than one user account simultaneously, shared calendar usage, conference room booking, recurring events, attachments for email and calendar invites (e.g. Outlook).
- Technical software skills: Create hyperlinks, formatting, layout design, and print configures plus the ability to:
- Word skills: Create tables and mail merges;
- PowerPoint: Import and Export content for other sources, create presentations;
- Excel: Sort and math formulas including exchange rates for expense reports;
- Snipping Tools such as MicroSoft or Snagit to crop content, paste, create .jpg, and interactive videos and materials for manuals and teaching purposes; and
- Adobe: file conversion (Word to Excel and reverse), scan document revisions, and designing forms.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources
- Adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines seamlessly
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Experience in a unionized environment.
- Experience in the not-for-profit field.
- Experience working with country offices/programs, preferably in Africa or Asia.
- Fluency in French.
To apply: http://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ENGENDERHEALTH&cws=1&rid=1192