Human Resources Manager - 6+ Years (23941)
Work for an Industry Leader!
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times - Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Human Resources Manager in our Arlington, VA. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing human resource business partner services to the Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Houston, Arlington, and Bridgeport offices, including staffing and retention, performance management, employee relations, training and development opportunities, and policy and procedures administration.
· Provide business partner services to leadership regarding employee lifecycle programs, processes, and procedures.
· Interface with management to understand and provide recruiting support consistent with business and group needs. Source candidates for office open positions, distribute resumes to appropriate managers, prescreen candidates, and coordinate interviews with hiring managers.
· Collaborate with managers providing solutions and/or recommendations relating to performance management and employee development.
· Provide employee relations counseling. Follow-up on discussions and ensure resolution has been achieved.
· Conduct new hire orientation meetings explaining company policies and procedures, culture, core values, benefit plans, and ensuring all new hire paperwork is completed and processed.
· Conduct exit interviews and make recommendations to the Vice President, Human Resources and management regarding feedback.
· Facilitate sourcing and tracking candidates utilizing the Applicant Tracking System.
· Assist the Vice President, Human Resources with annual review process for respective offices and guide management through the execution of performance management initiatives.
· Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
· Assist management with the execution of the Summer Internship program for the Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Houston, Arlington, and Bridgeport offices. Facilitate training for interns as well as coordinate social events and field trips throughout the summer. Conduct exit interviews prior to departure and provide feedback regarding trend analysis.
· Interact with employees and management communicating various Human Resource policies, procedures, laws, and government regulations.
· Assist the Vice President, Human Resources with on-going programs and projects.
· Perform other duties as requested.
· Bachelor’s degree, coursework relating to HR a plus.
· 6+ years human resource experience
· 3+ years of employee relations experience
· Superior interpersonal skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Self-starter with the ability to work well within groups
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively and efficiently
· Strong attention to detail
· Sound judgment capability
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; HR database programs a plus
Other: 10-20% travel
To be considered for this position, please click on the link below to apply.
In the Search for a Job section, go to the Type drop-down, select Professional, and Submit
Scroll down the page to view all opportunities and apply.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer