Job title Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partners
Department People Department
Based in Washington, DC
Reports to the Director, Global Human Resources
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 40 countries Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the daily activities of the members of the HR Business Partner (HRBP) function and provide support to employees in the assigned locations and/or functional lines of business. The individual will serve as a reliable and trustworthy point of contact, oversee performance management, coach Human Resources Business Partner staff and managers in different focuses of Human Resources, and manage different processes to ensure success.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Provide day to day guidance to HRBP staff and all levels of management staff for a variety of HR matters including, but, not limited to performance management, coaching, counseling, career development, business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning and disciplinary actions.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct efficient and effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Investigates problems such as disciplinary actions and employee and applicant appeals and grievances. Provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental officials and individuals.
- Manage complex and difficult HR Projects cross-functionally. Develop and deploy innovative, cost-effective HR strategies to employees in all areas.
- Facilitates communication among employees and management by providing guidance and consultation regarding problem solving, dispute resolution, and regulatory compliance. Catalyst to resolve internal opportunities through appropriate conflict management techniques.
- Serve as a coach and advisor to HRBP staff and managers on issues such as performance management, compensation, strategy, employee relations, learning and development, change management, employee engagement and talent acquisition.
- Responsible for the overall performance management of business units.
- Provide thought leadership on best practice, insights, data and analysis regarding people and organizational issues to guide decisions and solutions.
- Maintain a high level of contact and visibility with employees at all levels to foster respectful, trusting and credible relationships. Serve as an advocate for multiple stakeholders to ensure a fair and comprehensive assessment of perspectives and options.
- Collaborate with hiring managers and recruiters to promote the employment brand and establish strategies to build the talent pipeline and attract qualified and diverse candidates.
- Manage ongoing processes related to the employment life-cycle.
- Utilize strong knowledge of HR related legal requirements to minimize legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance; partner with legal counsel as needed on individual situations and projects such as policy development or implementing regulatory changes.
- Lead new and ongoing BP projects and initiatives to ensure deliverables are met on a timely and quality basis.
- Proactively seek knowledge and expertise in the HR environment, general business trends and practices
What are we looking for?
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field required. Advanced degree with emphasis in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, or related field highly preferred. HR Certification(s) a plus.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive experience in Human Resources required.
- International HR experience required.
- At least five (5) years' experience in a Human Resources management/leadership role focusing on employee relations, consulting, and organizational development is required. Must have experience working with executive leaders within a fast-paced organizational environment.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting comprehensive employee-related investigations professionally and objectively is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to positively and constructively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Confident, professional and possesses strong analytical and influential skills.
- Demonstrated thought leadership experience in driving or contributed to HR initiatives or projects to improve team or organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution, relationship and team building skills
- Possesses personal credibility, able to frame complex ideas and concepts in useful and practical ways.
- Fluency in French or Spanish is a plus
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 10%.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/pzf6wn28dbtdhpgb