Build your career, design a future at Thompson Creek Window Company. We are the premier home improvement replacement products company serving the Mid-Atlantic region for more than 30 years. We’re proud of our history, and proud to help our communities improve the comfort and conditions of their homes.
We are looking for a talented Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our team. As a Senior Human Resources Business Partner, you will act as an interface between assigned business unit(s) and the Human Resources function to advise business unit management on strategic and tactical Human Resources initiatives, policies and procedures and ensure adherence to internally established processes, procedures and standards. This role may expand to oversee and lead a team of HR Business Partners.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage and deliver Thompson Creek and affiliated company’s Human Resources products and services to assigned business unit(s). Human Resources products and services include but are not limited to workforce planning and recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, performance management, benefits, compliance, and employee development.
- Partner with assigned business unit(s) in a consultative capacity to identify key Human Resources issues, define solutions and recommend action plans in order to improve business results.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the management and staff of assigned business unit(s), effectively interpreting and communicating policies and procedures and facilitating operations and change initiatives in alignment with the Company’s overall strategy.
- Develop an understanding of key drivers for the assigned business unit(s) in order to anticipate business needs and provide realistic and effective strategies and solutions to support the business’ goals.
- Support the assigned management team to develop and implement effective organizational design, talent strategies, and performance management strategies in order to meet business objectives.
- Assist business units with development of workforce plans and staffing strategies.
- Collaborate with Recruiting to fill open positions and proactively plan for staffing needs.
- Assist with talent assessment, identify strengths and development opportunities and facilitate training initiatives.
- Provide guidance and manage personnel actions such as performance correction and formal disciplinary action, terminations, and promotions.
- Partner with business units to develop career paths/progression plans and ensure validity and consistency of application of same.
- Ensure consistent application of and adherence to established Company policies and procedures.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Education/Experience: Bachelors’ degree in Business, HR, OD or related field, at least 8 years’ experience in an HR Generalist role and at least 5 years’ experience managing complex employee relations issues; any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other: Ability to partner effectively with individuals from all levels across the organization; must possess strong business acumen and understanding of HR’s role as a driver of business results. Must possess strong to expert knowledge of HR processes, best practices, laws and regulations.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint). Prior experience with HRIS.
- Licenses and Certifications: SHRM-SCP or SPHR strongly preferred, but not required
Thompson Creek offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Plan with HSA
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Plan
- 401k with Immediately Vested Company Match
- Educational Assistance
- Company-paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Additional Voluntary Benefits
- On the job training and professional development
About Thompson Creek
Thompson Creek Window Company is a privately owned and family-operated manufacturer and installer of energy-efficient home improvement replacement products. Founded in 1980, Thompson Creek began as a manufacturer of energy-efficient, maintenance-free vinyl windows. Since that time, Thompson Creek has evolved into one of the leading specialty home improvement contracting companies in the nation. The company's product mix includes replacement windows and doors, vinyl siding and a clog-free gutter system. Thompson Creek is headquartered in Lanham, MD with an 122,000 square-foot manufacturing facility in Upper Marlboro, MD.
Thompson Creek Window Company participates in the E-Verify program
Candidates may apply here: https://careers-thompsoncreek.icims.com/jobs/1198/senior-human-resources-business-partner-director/job