Job Title: Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
Department/Division People & Culture – Talent Acquisition Team
Salary Grade: 6
Starting Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 per annum
Reports To: Deputy Director, People and Culture
Direct Reports: None
The Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist will be intimately involved in building a strong, diverse, collaborative team at Greenpeace USA by providing talent acquisition leadership aligning talent identification strategies to the organization’s objectives. The incumbent directs all aspects of full cycle recruitment strategies including but not limited to planning, forecasting, recruiting compliance, and analytics to drive future strategies and operations.
1. Talent Acquisition, planning, and strategy
- Ensure organizational alignment through the examination of workforce plans, labor market trends, and global considerations.
- Conduct workforce segmentation to understand the different workforce segments, related positions within these segments, and to identify, compare and contrast the skills, competencies, and experiences necessary for success in each position or segment.
- Define candidate audiences for an understanding of the key audiences Greenpeace USA needs to source.
- Review and track key metrics for consideration to drive continuous improvement and to make better recruitment decisions to improve quality of hires.
- Develop, implement, and manage talent acquisition initiatives and processes for professional and fellowship positions nationally.
- Consult with organizational leadership to establish strategic partnerships and provide proactive support.
- Partner with hiring managers to create accurate job descriptions that include the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for each role
2. Employment Branding
- Assist in the development and delivery of activities that help to uncover, articulate and define Greenpeace USA’s image, organizational culture, employee value proposition, and key differentiators.
- Assist in the development of a robust online career center that will attract diverse and qualified talent
- Assist in advancing the market position of the organization to attract quality candidates through community outreach, social media, professional engagement, and networking.
3. Relationship management
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with vendors, external training partners, community networks, special interest groups, and allied organizations.
- Proactively identify a diverse pool of strong talent for current and future leadership positions through candidate relationship management.
4. Recruiting and On-boarding
- Source, screen, interview, assess, select, and hire talent.
- Ensure legal compliance of recruitment activities.
- Ensure internal hiring policy and processes are followed
- Partner with legal team to determine, expedite, and execute activities related to VISA administration
- Lead contingent workforce management (e.g. temp staffing, contractors, consultants)
- Assist in facilitating new employee on-boarding process.
Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Participate in task force and committees as required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or related field required. Masters degree preferred.
- 4-7 years of full cycle recruitment and talent acquisition experience
- Experience with ATS systems, social media, and recruiting process workflows
- Non-profit experience a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge, expertise, and creativity in developing targeted sourcing plans including social networking sites, college campuses, driving internal referral programs, etc.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Commitment to inclusivity and fairness
- Excellent presentation, project management, and facilitation skills
- Managing multiple and changing priorities effectively
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within teams
- Capacity to effectively establish relationships and build rapport with senior leadership.
- Values diversity and models/promotes inclusion
- Identification with Greenpeace goals and supportive of Greenpeace values
- Demonstrated expertise in selection/assessment skills and critical thinking/problem solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, and integrity
- Detailed orientated, administratively strong
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Recruitment Capacity & Knowledge
- Emotional Intelligence
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- ≤25% travel required for recruitment activities, conferences, training, etc.
Hours Required:· Fulltime, regular
Physical Requirements (for essential functions only):
· Lifting/Pushing/Pulling/Carrying:· None Required
· Bending/Kneeling:· Occasional: working to organize training materials; facilitation of trainings may involve light bending/kneeling
· Mobility:· Stationary Position
May be required to move about the room while delivering training.
· Continuous Standing:· No continuous standing required
Occasional standing may be required for training delivery.
· Climbing Stairs:· No climbing required
· Driving:· Occasional driving may be required
· Hearing: X Critical ___ Moderate ___ Minimal: · Required to deliver training sessions
· Vision: X Critical ___ Moderate ___ Minimal: · Required to deliver training sessions and complete data entry
· Speech: X Critical ___ Moderate ___ Minimal: · Required to deliver training sessions
· Literacy: X Critical ___ Moderate ___ Minimal:· Required to deliver training sessions
Please apply for role at https://careers-greenpeace.icims.com/jobs/intro